Fitness and Nutrition- An Insight to Wellness
Created by Daniel Hernandez
Exercise and nutrition go hand-in-hand to provide both immediate and long-term health benefits. They enable your body to not only sustain itself but thrive. Exercise keeps your body conditioned and working whereas nutrition helps keep your body energized and well.
QVersity’s extensive program in fitness and nutrition, covers, anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology. In this certification, you will learn the fundamentals of nutrition and exercise science. This program has been designed to help you make better nutrition and exercise choices and to empower you to create your own safe and effective exercise routines for a healthier lifestyle.
This program will interest undergraduates, fitness or nutrition counselors, health teachers, and corporate wellness advocates who will learn how to select nutrient-dense foods, and couple this knowledge with behavior change strategies that will help you to turn smart choices into long-term habits. Certified individuals may also find employment as fitness trainers and instructors for health clubs or private clients.
- Understand the benefits of nutrition and exercise
- Have a basic understanding of physiology and anatomy as it pertains to human movement
- Be familiar with how the cardiorespiratory system operates in relation to exercise
- Be familiar with how the body adapts with resistance training
- Create and perform a safe and effective exercise routines
- Understand what and when to eat/drink to promote a healthy and fit lifestyle
|Introduction into basic anatomy and physiology|
|Human movement and kinesiology|
|Flexibility and balance training|
|Cardiorespiratory and core training|
|Resistance training and exercise modalities|
|Programming and exercise library|
|Nutrition macros (carbs, protein, fats)|
No Reviews found for this course.